Clever Ways to Reuse Your Used Coffee Grinds
Having the pleasure of making and drinking a good coffee is certainly something to be enjoyed. But once you’ve used your grounds and they are ready for disposal consider these options for alternative ways you might re-use them:
1. To clean: mix with a bit of detergent and clean encrusted surfaces
2. To perfume your home: mix the grounds with water and a bit of cinnamon or put them in an ashtray to prevent smoking odours.
3. As a natural fertilizer for plants: mix your used grinds with the earth to add nutrients.
4. To warding off ants: put your grounds in their trail or directly on their nest.
5. Use to light a fire more easily in the fireplace or barbecue.
6. Add a bit of water and use as a natural colorant for aging decoupage.
7. Rub them on your hands to remove the smell of garlic and onion from the hands to soften them after household chores.
The Autumn Issue of the Food Style e-Magazine is out now. Click here to find the latest ideas for the cooler months.